Day 281: Room Service at the Matrix

Matrix+pizza Day 281: Room Service at the Matrix
Matrix+burger Day 281: Room Service at the Matrix

(In Edmonton.) Bison meatloaf burgers and pizza with a bottle of Picconero (Italian Red) with K curled up on the couch by the fireplace in my room, which was the bigger of the two, having a living room, two flat screet TVs and a balcony the size of my living room and dining room at home. I think I may need to travel to Edmonton more often. And have someone else pay for it.

pixel Day 281: Room Service at the Matrix
button print gry20 Day 281: Room Service at the Matrix

October 07 2008 11:07 pm | eating out

7 Responses to “Day 281: Room Service at the Matrix”

1. The Uphill Gardener on 08 Oct 2008 at 10:42 am #

My maslin pan is begging to be used this season as it’s not been used since the summer and what a simple marmalade to bring in the season with! I think this might come to fruition at the weekend. Julie if your blog has achieved ANYTHING it’s made me learn to eat AND ENJOY zucchini! For over 30 years I have hated them…

2. Katharine on 08 Oct 2008 at 11:41 am #

Oh good!! I’ve always wondered what to do with the forgotten, over-grown zuccs that my Mom harvests out of her garden at the end of the growing season. They turn out to be spongey and not too tasty on their own. The only other thing I knew to do with them is to make zuccini loaf, or cookies….. I’ll have to give this marmalade try! Thanks, Julie!

3. The Uphill Gardener on 08 Oct 2008 at 5:05 pm #

Are “old” zucchini (i.e. marrows) not commonly eaten in North America? They make excellent soups and can be stuffed also.

4. Pat on 08 Oct 2008 at 8:13 pm #

Julie, do you think Splenda would work as well as sugar in the marmalade?

5. JulieVR on 08 Oct 2008 at 9:14 pm #

Probably not. It just doesn`t behave the same way sugar does. And a warning – the Splenda brown sugar blend contains EXACTLY as many carbohydrates and MORE calories than plain old brown sugar. The idea is that it`s sweeter and you don`t need as much, but most people just use it like they would sugar – often more because it`s considered a sort of freebie.

6. Theresa on 08 Oct 2008 at 9:55 pm #

That’s very interesting! I had no idea. I thought it was spoon for spoon. ONE HOUR until the crock pot draw!!! :)

7. zucchini marmalade « the cosmic cowgirl on 20 Jul 2010 at 7:32 pm #

[…] adapted from┬ádinner with julie […]