Roast+lamb+%26+lemon+potatoes Slow cooked Leg of Lamb with Garlic, Lemon and Rosemary, and Lemon Potatoes with Garlic & Oregano

I may be forced to switch careers to something not food-related. I mean, food is just so good. This photo does not do dinner justice. (And yes, I realize that is not a suitable serving size for meat and potatoes. Did I mention the roasted lamb and garlicky lemon potatoes? And how good they were? I knew to take lots from picking at the crispy bits.) I’d like to say we also ate salad, but there just wasn’t room.

And the funny thing? It’s one of the easiest things I’ve ever made. Why is it that the celebratory stuff – the edibles that make a huge splash – always end up being the simplest? What are we so afraid of?

(Ha – I thought this thought felt familiar – I had the same reaction last time I made roast leg of lamb!)

Lamb, of course, is all over the place in spring, and very often makes its way onto an Easter table. Cooking an entire leg of lamb, however, can be a hassle, mostly due to its shape – thick on one end, tapered on the other, it’s difficult to cook evenly without one end being overcooked or the other raw. Deboned legs of lamb are good alternatives – without bones it’s a more uniform cut of meat, and stuffable – but in general meat roasted on the bone has more flavour.

The other thing about leg of lamb, whether it’s the entire leg or just the shank portion, is that it has a lot of tough connective tissues which need long, slow cooking in order to break them down.

Enter my CrockPot. (While we’re on the subject, I stopped by Zellers today, and while chasing W down the small appliances aisle noticed that CrockPots – the same kind I gave away awhile ago – are 50% off this week – only $24.95! Twenty-four! Ninety-five!) Lamb is the perfect candidate for a slow cooker. I bought an entire leg, bone in, and when it looked like it might not fit (I told the butcher I planned to jam it into my CrockPot) he simply sawed off the shank. Perfect.

Mortar+%26+pestle Slow cooked Leg of Lamb with Garlic, Lemon and Rosemary, and Lemon Potatoes with Garlic & Oregano

Now, any number of flavours go with lamb. You don’t need to rub it down with anything, but I chose to make a sort of rough paste out of garlic, rosemary, lemon and olive oil and smear it all over the meat first. Cumin would have worked well too, or fresh thyme. At this point you could leave it to sit for a bit, or refrigerate it overnight to let it marinate. Then all I did was toss it into the slow cooker – no need to brown it first, although you could – pour about a half cup of red wine or stock or tomato juice or water around it, and leave it to cook on low for 6-8 hours.

Lamb+leg+ +rubbed Slow cooked Leg of Lamb with Garlic, Lemon and Rosemary, and Lemon Potatoes with Garlic & Oregano
Lamb+leg+ +rubbed+ +close+up Slow cooked Leg of Lamb with Garlic, Lemon and Rosemary, and Lemon Potatoes with Garlic & Oregano

Slow-cooked Leg of Lamb with Garlic, Lemon & Rosemary (in the CrockPot!)

1 leg of lamb (that will fit in your CrockPot – if not, get the butcher to cut off the shank end) – with or without bone

1 lemon
4-5 garlic cloves, sliced or crushed
1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. coarse salt
1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper

some wine, chicken or beef stock, tomato juice or water

On a chopping board, pat your lamb dry with paper towels. Finely grate about half the zest off the lemon and grind into a paste with the garlic, rosemary, oil, salt and pepper using a mortar and pestle. Rub the paste all over the lamb. If you like, let it sit on the countertop for half an hour or so, or refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.

Put it into the CrockPot. Add about half a cup of liquid. Squeeze the juice of the lemon overtop too. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.

Lemon+Potatoes Slow cooked Leg of Lamb with Garlic, Lemon and Rosemary, and Lemon Potatoes with Garlic & Oregano

And the only thing to serve with roast lamb is lemon potatoes. So I offer up this recipe:

Lemon Potatoes with Garlic and Oregano

3 lbs. Yukon gold or baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
1/2 cup olive or canola oil
4 garlic cloves, crushed or thinly sliced
1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano, crumbled
1 tsp. salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup beef or chicken stock
1/3 cup lemon juice
chopped fresh oregano (optional)

Preheat oven to 400°F. Spread the potatoes in a single layer in a 9″ x 13″ baking dish and pour the oil over them. Add the garlic, dried oregano, salt and pepper to taste and toss well to coat with the oil.

Roast the potatoes for 15 minutes. Add the stock, toss and bake for 10 minutes more. Add the lemon juice, toss and bake for 10 to 15 minutes more, or until the potatoes are golden and cooked through. If you like, sprinkle with fresh oregano.

One Year Ago: Curried Squash Soup, Spinach, Feta & Orzo Salad, Apple Pie and Sunken Black Forest Cupcakes

[print_link]

pixel Slow cooked Leg of Lamb with Garlic, Lemon and Rosemary, and Lemon Potatoes with Garlic & Oregano
button print gry20 Slow cooked Leg of Lamb with Garlic, Lemon and Rosemary, and Lemon Potatoes with Garlic & Oregano

April 06 2009 07:45 pm | leftovers

92 Responses to “Slow-cooked Leg of Lamb with Garlic, Lemon and Rosemary, and Lemon Potatoes with Garlic & Oregano”

1. thepinkpeppercorn on 06 Apr 2009 at 7:54 pm #

I’m addicted to lamb with rosemary and garlic. Looks fantastic!

2. sue.d on 06 Apr 2009 at 8:42 pm #

Two of my favourite things: lemon and lamb. Oh that looks glorious!

3. Manon from Ontario on 07 Apr 2009 at 4:12 am #

Well Julie, you might have given me a taste for leg of lamb. I’ve never had it, but after seeing this recipe, and I could almost taste the goodness…I might just make some for Easter!

I’m making the no knead bread for Easter, I will slice it, toast it on my very old wood baking oven at the sugar shack, and serve it with a nice coating of maple butter to my guests.

Looking at your cook book this morning, I need an diner plan for tonight.

Have a great cooking day gals.

MFO :)

4. pauline on 07 Apr 2009 at 5:19 am #

Love lamb, love potatoes with lemon OMG I think I will be in heaven. Now do you think I can convince hubbie to go for lamb instead of turkey for easter dinner. Another great recipe Julie, what would we all do without you. Can’t tell you how happy I am to read your blog every day.

5. Barb on 07 Apr 2009 at 5:38 am #

Other than the occassional lamb chop, I have never cooked lamb. Lemon potatoes I am already familiar with but don’t make them often because they are “too good” (I have no control at times) I always thought it was best to roast lamb only to rare? Slow cookers are definately easy and can tenderize anything. $24.95? I may look at upgrading my crockpot…..

6. Elaine on 07 Apr 2009 at 6:07 am #

As always, so timely. The hubs and I are throwing an Easter lunch for several of our wifeless friends while their spouses are out of town this weekend, and I’ve been looking for a lamb recipe that can cook while I go watch the aforementioned hubs do his orchestra conductor thing. Perfect! Um, how many people does this serve? I’m wondering if I need to commandeer an extra crockpot…

7. Janjet on 07 Apr 2009 at 6:44 am #

This recipe might be the incentive to get a crock pot!

8. dl on 07 Apr 2009 at 7:28 am #

Hmm well I don’t think I could eat lamb, but those potatoes look fantastic. But I wonder-how do they turn out so crispy with so much liquid?

9. Andrea on 07 Apr 2009 at 7:49 am #

Julie, where do you get your lamb here in Calgary? I’m always interested to hear which butchers people use and where the best cuts are from. I LOVE lamb – turned many a friend on to it. It’s really a lot less intimidating than people think.

10. Katharine on 07 Apr 2009 at 8:13 am #

Wow, I’m drooling. Haven’t had lamb in a long long time. I am kinda scared to take it on, to be honest. Looks scrumptious! Maybe one day I’ll be brave and buy a shank!

11. Carolyn on 07 Apr 2009 at 8:20 am #

Julie — I just love logging on everyday to look at your posts. Since I’m fairly new to this wonderful site, I’m enjoying what I missed last year. Thank you for brightening so many days!

Manon – do you sell your maple products over the net?

12. robyn on 07 Apr 2009 at 11:47 am #

did the potatoes come out really lemony?? We made some the other day and they were a tad disappointing……we even soaked the cooked potatoes in lemon juice! Oh well.. I’ll try yours!

13. Manon from Ontario on 08 Apr 2009 at 6:11 am #

Carolyn: Yes I do sell some of our products but my web site is under construction righ now, as my kiosk will be opening this year “sometime”.
    You can contact me at clerouxram@xplornet.com

Thanks again Julie for letting me use your blog for my maple products.

MFO

14. A on 08 Apr 2009 at 10:13 am #

emailme!

15. Cucinista on 08 Apr 2009 at 11:15 am #

I was just wondering what to make for lunch this weekend, and then I found your site. Lamb for lunch and Creme Brulegg to follow. Everyone will know my secret Cadbury Creme Egg love shame! Thank you for validating it.

16. JulieVR on 08 Apr 2009 at 4:17 pm #

Andrea – I get my lamb at Chinook Edge Lamb & Goat at the Crossroads Farmers’ Market. They also have fantastic eggs! $3.50/dozen.

17. Slow-cooked Lamb Shepherd’s Pie with Sweet Potatoes — dinner with Juliedinner with Julie » Slow-cooked Lamb Shepherd’s Pie with Sweet Potatoes on 09 Apr 2009 at 9:56 pm #

[...] that lamb I did in the slow cooker? I put the last chunk in a yogurt container and poured all the lovely juices over top, and stuck it [...]

18. Simon on 12 Apr 2009 at 8:23 am #

I’ve cooked my leg of lamb today, and am just about to start on the roasted potatoes with the garlic etc..

19. Dee-Dee from australia on 21 Apr 2009 at 9:32 pm #

Your lamb with lemon potatoes was outstanding-
    thank you so much. I managed to cook it last night. Mum and Dad along with my looser Brother were really surprised by my amazing cooking skills. Wink wink…..

20. Frans - South Africa on 29 May 2009 at 8:32 pm #

Just what we were looking for! Rosemary and lamb in a slow coocker….hmmmm

Great website

21. Deborah on 24 Nov 2009 at 10:19 pm #

I made this entire recipe exactly as you instructed and it was a HUGE hit with both me and my husband, who is very picky about his meat and potatoes! We broke in our slow cooker (a wedding present last year) with the leg of lamb, and we enjoyed the leftover potatoes (there weren’t many) with our eggs the next morning. Delicious!!

22. Laurie on 02 Dec 2009 at 1:34 pm #

Love lamb done this way! Thank you. I *don’t* like lamb done rare, but when it’s cooked like this its so succulent. You are a treasure, Julie.

23. Tiffany on 13 Feb 2010 at 2:04 pm #

Julie!!! What a wonderful combination of flavors! I just got done making the lamb and potatoes and man oh man they are both fantastic… I changed up the lamb a bit, was going to put a red wine in with it but my corkscrew broke at the last minute lol so I added a can of diced tomatoes (around it not on it)… and it was the perfect touch… Ill try it with wine next time :) Again… thank you!

24. Gary on 23 Apr 2010 at 5:41 am #

I made this the other week for 14 of us and they all loved it, the lamb was just fantastic. I will be making it this Sunday for my grandads birthday as well. All I need to find is a nice desert recipe.

25. Shar on 15 Jun 2010 at 11:44 pm #

Hello,
    I noticed you make this in your crockpot. I have a slow cooker, and apparently there can be differences in cooking times for recipes for these two appliances (although I have no idea what the difference is between these machines). Can you tell me if the length of time to cook would be the same or different if made in my slow cooker? Thanks.

26. JulieVR on 16 Jun 2010 at 7:14 am #

Shar – same thing! CrockPot is just a brand name for a line of slow cookers. No difference!

27. Jennifer on 18 Jul 2010 at 3:06 am #

Tried this today – we have just eaten it, the most delicious roast lamb I have ever eaten. Moist, tender, not fatty (lamb can sometimes be a bit fatty) and the potatoes were yummo, even though I couldn’t get Yukon Gold here in Australia. I used red wine because we had a bottle open. Many thanks for the recipe!

28. thethoughtherder on 13 Nov 2010 at 5:38 am #

Thought this looked awesome, went and bought lamb, over estimated how big a slow cooker I have. Doh. Amateur hour in the kitchen.

I dont really have anything here that will deal with the shank so it looks liek I’ll be doing this next time I do weekend lamb. Still going to give teh potatoes a whirl though!

29. JulieVR on 13 Nov 2010 at 6:36 am #

If the leg is sticking out of the slow cooker, just cover the lid (and gaps) with foil – I do it all the time! Otherwise you can do it in the oven – just roast it low -about 300F – for about 3 hours.

30. thethoughtherder on 14 Nov 2010 at 3:24 pm #

Hey, I ended up shortening the leg with the help of a bread knife and some gentle persuading. recipe went really well, very impressed with the results. I would go with a touch less lemon on the potatoes but my girlfriend loved them as they were so a bit of personal taste i guess!

Already passed your site to some friends, and I’ll certainly be making it again.

31. Slow roast leg of lamb and lemon potatoes with garlic oregano « The thoughtherder’s Blog on 14 Nov 2010 at 3:49 pm #

[...] at another blog I stumbled across a recipe for slow roast leg of lamb with garlic, lemon and rosemary served with lemon potatoes with garlic [...]

32. Sarah on 26 Feb 2011 at 5:21 pm #

Wow! I just made this and it might be the best thing I’ve ever cooked. Thank you so much for posting both recipes!

33. JulieVR on 26 Feb 2011 at 5:22 pm #

So good to hear!!

34. Danielle on 16 Apr 2011 at 5:56 am #

This recipe looks delicious, just wondering if anyone had any ideas for what could be served as an entree before this meal?
    Thanks, Dani

35. Charlene on 03 May 2011 at 4:41 pm #

@Dani: I would do tomato slices with mozzarella and basil on top. There are a million recipes on the net for this.

36. Caroline on 16 Sep 2011 at 8:03 pm #

Holy Cow! Dynamite recipe! We were all licking the plates and bowls, my kids asked for THIRDS! This is unheard of! Thank you!!!

37. Maelleigh on 18 Sep 2011 at 9:22 pm #

Thank you for this simple but delicious recipe. I am NOT in any way a cook, in fact I NEVER cook. The potatoes are to die for (lemon is genius). Thanks for sharing!!

PS I’m on the Wild Rose cleanse, and I could eat everything!!!

38. John Bonner on 10 Oct 2011 at 4:52 pm #

My girlfriend and I thought this recipe sounded amazing. so we made this for thanksgiving today, and unfortunately it tasted horrible. The meat lost all its texture, turned overcooked and had no chewiness at all. The lemon made it really bitter. You could no longer taste the lamb. It was inedible. We should have put it in the oven instead. I hope you guys have better luck with this recipe than we did.

39. Qing on 09 Nov 2011 at 5:42 pm #

Made this lamb for company yesterday and it was a great success! Thank you!

40. Lynne on 18 Nov 2011 at 8:25 pm #

Julie – you are a star! I love your style! I live at the Gold Coast, Australia where you’d think legs of lamb were really cheap. Not so! However, we love our lamb down here. I followed your super recipe, adding a bit of my own, (can’t help myself doing this!) and at the end of 8 hours it looked superb and tasted wonderful. Thanks a million. Will continue to look at your site.

41. And the winner is? Potatoes. Tasty tasty potatoes. « Arnie friendly food on 01 Feb 2012 at 4:59 am #

[...] my first slow cooked leg of lamb tonight… It came from an inspiration of this … minus all the oregano. I do love it, but it doesn’t really like [...]

42. Sue from NZ on 12 Feb 2012 at 5:00 pm #

I won a beautiful boneless leg of lamb in a pub raffle on Friday. Have just used your Recipe and the slow cooker is now doing it’s bit. taking it along for a pot luck dinner for the Labour Party tonight.

43. Sue from NZ on 13 Feb 2012 at 11:16 am #

it was superb – and so easy.

44. Edda on 02 Apr 2012 at 7:10 pm #

I made the dish tonight but didn’t have lemons – had limes so used them instead. Both the lamb and the potatoes were delicious and so easy to make. I will definitely use your site again. Thanks so much.

45. Wendy Lightheart on 07 Apr 2012 at 11:55 am #

Well, I’m gonna be making this tomorrow! Its my first time ever making a leg of lamb, and I’m a little crock pot obsessed (Plus, I’m hosting my first really big dinner party, so I’m doing lots of cooking!) I’ll let you know how it works out!

The first challenge is getting the leg in my 5.5 crockpot, I sent my husband out for the lamb while I was at work, and I didn’t remember *Quite* how big they are, so I’m going to have to bend the shank back to fit it. I’d have asked the butcher to do it, when i saw it, but alas! But considering we once made a queen size box spring turn a corner god never intended a non-flexible thing to turn, I think I can do it!

46. Luigi on 08 Apr 2012 at 5:23 pm #

Excellent recipe. Will become our regular Easter tradition going forward. Worked like an absolute charm.

47. DJ on 18 Apr 2012 at 9:56 am #

Really like this recipe!! I am a newcomer to eating lamb but want to expand my horizons. Made this for Easter with the lemon potatoes. It was delicious and enjoyed by all (most of us not regular lamb eaters) Made it with boneless shoulder as I couldn’t get a leg. Will definitely use this recipe again.

48. Kristy on 21 Apr 2012 at 11:23 am #

I’m planning on making this tonight (very excited) but was wondering if you had any good suggestions for gravy to go with this.
    I’ve only used my slow cooker a few times for roast and noticed there’s always lots of yummy useful juice leftover, is this the case with the lamb and how can I turn this into tasty gravy?!

49. Betsy on 22 Apr 2012 at 7:05 pm #

Amazingly good! Had a small leg (2lbs) that I didn’t feel like getting into to butterfly and havent had success slow roasting legs before. This turned out so well. I have a recipe that is the same marinade for a large butterflied leg on the grill as the rub but also calls for hot sauce (frank’s) so I threw a few shakes into the liquid and over top. Delish!

Lemon potatoes were outstanding! I’ll do them in a metal pan next time so I can get them browner but they were a hit! and will be a new staple in our house. Glad my google search worked out so well! Thank you!

50. Chef dePaprika on 24 May 2012 at 4:11 pm #

Yummie yet simple recipe. I love it with its rosemary flavor.
    If you like lamb, you can check my recipe too:

Oven Roasted Lamb with Wine and Orange Juice Recipe:

51. RINA KILIAN on 19 Jun 2012 at 6:40 am #

I INTEND TO TRY THIS RECIPY. I UNDERSTAND IT IS JUST FAB !!
    I CAN’T WAIT FOR THE RESULTS !!

KIND REGARDS
    RINA
    CELL : 084 434 9448

52. Ai Shin on 19 Jun 2012 at 10:29 pm #

If I intend to brown the lamb, should I brown it before or after I marinate it? Sorry dumb question!

53. David on 01 Sep 2012 at 5:51 pm #

I’ve made the paste, tried the paste from my hands and it’s delicious. I can’t wait to taste the lamb after it’s come out of the slower cooker tonight.

I hope to impress our dinner guests. :)

Thanks Julie!

54. Lamb crockpot | Pydltda on 03 Sep 2012 at 11:52 am #

[...] Slow-cooked Leg of Lamb with Garlic, Lemon and Rosemary, and …Apr 6, 2009 … Twenty-four! Ninety-five!) Lamb is the perfect candidate for a slow cooker. I bought an entire leg, bone in, and when it looked like it might not fit … [...]

55. Nikki on 13 Nov 2012 at 10:48 am #

This recipe was phenomenal! The lemon potatoes were out of this world! SO good I had to make them two nights in a row! :) next time I think we’ll cook the lamb for a little less than 8 hrs because both my husband and I like our meat a little rarer, but still – it was amazing and will definitely be making it again. Thanks for a great recipe!

56. Lourdes on 25 Dec 2012 at 8:17 am #

Hi Julie,

I was looking for slow cooker recipes for lamb and I found yours. I have ad yesterday for Chistmas Eve, with the lemon potatoes too it came out great. Thank you so much for your help, this is my first recipe from your blog but it won’t be the last for sure,

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays

57. Verity on 15 Jan 2013 at 11:44 pm #

Wow Julie… Just wow. I’ve been cooking lamb roast sine I was 12. I don’t think I could ever get enough lamb. After working in a greek restaurant I fell in love with the traditional slow cooked lamb. I remove it as it falls off the bone and grill it slighly before serving with the lemon potato. Just devine. We usually have a starter of grilled halloumi on a bed of tomato with oregano and lemon- a must!

Thanks for all the great tips!

58. Yvonne on 29 Mar 2013 at 4:18 pm #

I made this today, and it was fantastic!

59. Marissa on 31 Mar 2013 at 7:41 pm #

It’s the best recipe for lamb roast. I made it for Easter dinner and it turned out perfectly delicious. My husband really enjoyed how tasty and tender the lamb turned out . Thank you for sharing the recipe.

60. Liz on 12 Jun 2013 at 7:22 pm #

Loved the potatoes, I had to stop myself from eating them. I already had a lamb preseasoned so we had that too, but I cooked it in the crockpot for 8 hours so it was nice and tender. I will try your recipe because all of the reviews sound like I should definitely try it!!! Overall it was so good and I will make it again.

61. Tricia on 22 Jun 2013 at 6:18 am #

Cooked tonight, already had a marinated greek yeros butterflied lamb. Cooked for 8 hrs with some red wine and and after shredding the meat popped it in the oven to dry a little and get a bit of a crunch and then we served as souvlakis with garlic sauce, salad and cheese.

62. Lucy on 03 Jul 2013 at 2:19 pm #

I made this tonight, and it was really good! But eight hours was too long, was a bit dry. Next time, 7 hours…go from there. :)

63. Steve on 04 Oct 2013 at 6:13 pm #

Next time you should cut the ink off the lamb before cooking :)

64. Julie on 07 Oct 2013 at 7:45 am #

Yes Steve, I was thinking the same thing! :)

65. tyrone on 16 Oct 2013 at 2:55 pm #

I will be giving your recipe a try soon I can smell it cooking already

66. Dara on 27 Nov 2013 at 8:01 pm #

Followed instructions exactly (6 hours on low) but lamb was overdone (190 internal temp). We like medium rare. Don’t know what I did wrong. Any advise?

67. Kerry on 24 Dec 2013 at 12:13 pm #

I’m following your recipe for Christmas dinner. I was just wondering approximately how many servings are the potatoes equivalent to? Thanks!

68. Rui Carlos da Cunha on 03 Jan 2014 at 11:58 pm #

The first time I made this, I nearly wept it was so delicious. The garlic, lemon zest and rosemary with salt & pepper coating is remarkable after it all soaks into the meat and the fat drips away. Thank you Julie! I’ve got another one prepped for tomorrow morning in the fridge in a slow-cooker liner soaking in the marinade.

69. Hal on 05 Jan 2014 at 10:20 pm #

I followed the recipe for the most part, and did my first leg of lamb. Two changes to it… I cut up a few medium sized onions and put in at the start. Then about 2 hours before done, I took 3 Yukon Gold potatoes, halved them, then cut each into three. I decided I had to sample it before putting it all in containers to have tomorrow. Wow, what a great taste!!
    Thank you Julie!!! :D

70. Rosanne on 08 Jan 2014 at 8:23 am #

I am curious why you didnt just roast the potatoes in the crockpot. With a few carrots, you have a complete meal.

71. Flangie on 05 Feb 2014 at 12:48 am #

This lamb was disappointing… Yuk

72. Patunia on 05 Feb 2014 at 12:52 am #

Was looking forward to this so sad how it was very tough! I am patunia and I am VERY MAD

73. Tulip on 13 Feb 2014 at 7:09 pm #

I followed your instructions for cooking my bone-in leg of lamb, $34 worth to be exact, and it was horrifically over cooked. The flavor was nice but it was dry and pretty tough. Lamb only need to be 135 degrees in the center to be medium and this one registered 200 after 6 hours of cooking. I’m really glad I didn’t leave it in for 8. I accept cash, check, or credit.

74. blog on 21 Feb 2014 at 9:19 am #

Remember: with so many shows on the air all competing for audience attention they’re all looking for a
    new and different angle. *Run or move the pearl gently along the sharp edge
    of front teeth. The above information helps you to choose the better
    one that suits your requirements.

Quality articles is the important to invite the visitors to pay a visit the
    website, that’s what this web site is providing.

My web blog – blog

75. Lois from Canada on 27 Feb 2014 at 4:17 pm #

I am from Canada but visiting my daughter in the UK and making her and her husband dinner every night. The absolute best lamb meal and the potatoes were the best ever!!! I even added some yams with the potatoes and a few carrots and it all just came together perfectly. Four of us ate it and thought it was the most delicious and couldn’t stop raving about it. I will definitely look into your other recipes.

76. Sue on 15 Mar 2014 at 12:10 pm #

How many people does the leg of lamb and lemon potato dishes feed? It would be great to know how many. I have to prepare Easter dinner for 8 family members next month. These recipes sound delish and i am dying to use my slow cooker for these dishes.

77. Barbara Scheihing on 30 Mar 2014 at 11:02 am #

Yes, I have the same question as Sue…..how many would you guess this serves? Maybe if this is as good as everyone says, I need to buy another slow cooker so I can make two for leftovers! Yum.

78. Lawrence on 14 Apr 2014 at 5:18 pm #

Am giving this a go tonight.
    It smells delicious just sitting marinating …
    How can that be?
    I wil be taking a photo of it to put up on my Shot a Day for 365 days

79. Lawrence on 14 Apr 2014 at 5:20 pm #

Sue and Barbara

Rule of thumb.
    Per person:
    Meat on the bone 500 g
    Meat, no bone, 300g

This may very depending on what else you are having but is a very good guide.
    HTH

80. Vicki McGregor on 18 Apr 2014 at 5:34 am #

This was amazing, the lamb was SO tender! It was the first time I made a roast in the slow cooker. I used a deboned, rolled leg of lamb because I have a small slow cooker, I marinated it overnight, browned it in a frying pan, used the stock to deglaze the frying pan, I rested the lamb on a bed of baby potatoes, poured in the stock from the pan and my house smelt amazing all day while it cooked. Thank you for giving me the confidence to use my slow cooked to make a roast!

81. » A big, long catch up Life Love and Waffles on 24 Apr 2014 at 2:58 am #

[…] had two of our best friends in town from Garrett’s work, so they joined in the festivities. Slow roasted leg of lamb with loads of garlic and rosemary (crock pot style), crispy roasted potatoes with bacon, and green […]

82. Ariane on 06 Jul 2014 at 6:47 pm #

Amazing!! The lamb is the best I have ever had. I substituted the baking potatoes with sweet potatoes. They are extremely delicious!! Thank you so much for sharing this recipe!

83. nxy.in on 18 Sep 2014 at 6:24 pm #

We ar? a grou? of volunteers andd starting a new scheme in our
    community. ??ur site offered us with valuable
    info t? work on. You have done a formidable job and o?r entire
    community will be thankful to you.

84. google api example on 20 Sep 2014 at 1:07 am #

If you want to increase your experience just
    keep visiting this web site and be updated with the most up-to-date
    gossip posted here.

85. ZQuiet Pure Sleep on 26 Sep 2014 at 6:09 am #

ZQuiet Pure Sleep

Slow-cooked Leg of Lamb with Garlic, Lemon and Rosemary, and Lemon Potatoes with Garlic & Oregano – Dinner With Julie Dinner With Julie Slow-cooked Leg of Lamb with Garlic, Lemon and Rosemary, and Lemon Potatoes with Garlic & Oregano – Dinner With Juli…

86. veallshare.com on 26 Sep 2014 at 11:46 am #

Hi there, its good piece of writing concerning media print, we all be familiar with media is a
    impressive source of facts.

Take a look at my blog – veallshare.com

87. AW Direct voucher on 01 Oct 2014 at 9:42 am #

If you want to grow your knowledge simply keep visiting this web site and be updated with
    the most up-to-date news update posted here.

88. HelpWYZ.com on 04 Oct 2014 at 8:50 am #

Howdy, i read your blog fropm time tto time and
    i own a similar one and i was just curious if you get a lot of spam responses?
    If sso how do you stop it, any plugin or anything you can recommend?
    I get so much lately it’s driving me insane so any help is very much appreciated.
    buy likes for instagram cheap

89. Click To See More Nutrisystem Promo Code on 04 Oct 2014 at 3:54 pm #

Excellent site you have here.. It’s difficult
    to find excellent writing like yours nowadays.
    I seriously appreciate people like you! Take care!!

90. Konsta on 07 Oct 2014 at 8:26 am #

Hi there very cool website!! Man .. Excellent ..
    Superb .. I will bookmark your website and
    take the feeds also? I’m happy to find a lot of useful information here
    in the put up, we’d like work out extra techniques in this regard,
    thank you for sharing. . . . . .

?Lisätietoja: http://www.blystone.com/UserProfile/tabid/779/userId/80821/Default.aspx

91. smartwebsolution.Org on 08 Oct 2014 at 6:41 pm #

Hey there! Do you use Twitter? I’d like to follow you if that would be okay.
    I’m undoubtedly enjoying your blog and look forward to new updates.

my blog – smartwebsolution.Org