A New Episode of Good Bite: $10 Meals! (Cheap eats.)

I’m having so much fun with the Good Bite crew – here I am with Matt and Deb; our challenge was to come up with dinner for the family for $10 or less. Cooking from scratch, it’s easier than you might think! (Mine is an easy lentil curry.)

One Year Ago: Muhammara and Baba Ghanouj at Aida’s

pixel A New Episode of Good Bite: $10 Meals! (Cheap eats.)
button print gry20 A New Episode of Good Bite: $10 Meals! (Cheap eats.)

July 29 2009 08:08 pm | good bite

11 Responses to “A New Episode of Good Bite: $10 Meals! (Cheap eats.)”

1. Barb on 30 Jul 2009 at 5:33 am #

I like them. I like them all. I’m going to have them!

2. June on 30 Jul 2009 at 5:37 am #

Great segment Julie. You’re the best!

3. Elaine on 30 Jul 2009 at 6:14 am #

Fun! And excellent curry suggestion; that’s a really popular fridge-cleaning meal around here.

4. Manon from Ontario on 30 Jul 2009 at 8:57 am #

Cool Julie!

I know a celebrity :)

Thanks for sharing with us.

Take care.

MFO

5. Jennifer on 30 Jul 2009 at 9:15 am #

You all present these impressive recipes seamlessly. This segment is helpful and enjoyable. I especially appreciate the stuffed-crust pizza tip!

6. Theresa on 30 Jul 2009 at 9:28 am #

Great episode! I will totally make all of these things. Not only cheap, but easy.

I have a twist on the pizza with cheese. Instead of rolling the cheese in the edge of the pizza I make two crusts as thin as possible then sprinkle shredded cheese between them and top as usual. Beyond yummy.

7. Charmian Christie on 30 Jul 2009 at 10:45 am #

Heading over to Goodbites for the curry recipe. You had me at “coconut milk”.

8. Christina on 30 Jul 2009 at 11:02 am #

Love it! Love it! Love it!!!
    Being a stay at home mother of 3 I’m ALWAYS trying to feed my family for as little as possible, mostly because we are on a budget. I insist on healthy and delicious food and as often as possible getting a couple of meals off of one supper (ie: a roasted chicken meal can create my next nights meal). One of my favorite things is creating new and delicious meals by only using leftover.
    Anyway, loved this segment!

9. Erica B. on 30 Jul 2009 at 12:10 pm #

They’re all excellent ideas! Great segment :)

10. thepinkpeppercorn on 31 Jul 2009 at 5:08 am #

Great episode Julie! Definitely making a curry tonight for dinner (no more pasta for at least…a couple days?), so this is perfect inspiration. Thanks!

11. Lesley on 31 Jul 2009 at 3:04 pm #

I love it! Especially the first idea: “Cook with what you have.” I happen to have a bag of lentils in my pantry. Hmmm. Might have to whip up a curry.