Curried Sweet Potato Latkes

Curried%2Bsweet%2Bpotato%2Blatkes Curried Sweet Potato Latkes

OK, all this talk of Hanukkah and latkes finally made me break down and make some. Every year I do this, and every year I’m reminded of how easy it is to make them, and how delicious they are. It may come as no surprise that I’m a fan of a) curry, and b) sweet potatoes, and so when I happened upon c) curried sweet potato latkes, I had to make them.

And really? Wow. They’re like latkes extreme, especially with a blob of sour cream to cool down the heat (you’ll be gobbling them straight from the pan, right?) and warm spice.

I posted the recipe over at Family Kitchen.

pixel Curried Sweet Potato Latkes
button print gry20 Curried Sweet Potato Latkes

December 06 2010 09:35 pm | leftovers

11 Responses to “Curried Sweet Potato Latkes”

1. Sue. D on 06 Dec 2010 at 10:23 pm #

WOW. I think sweet potato latkes might be my new weekend food friend. I can just picture these on a plate next to some bacon and eggs!

2. colesangel on 06 Dec 2010 at 10:56 pm #

DROOL!!!

3. Erica B. on 06 Dec 2010 at 11:14 pm #

OOh yum! Totally have to make these this weekend. We’re celebrating not one but three birthdays in the house this week! :)

4. Jess on 07 Dec 2010 at 7:37 am #

These are the latkes that Eli makes, too. This year, he made 450, total, (for our annual Chanukah party) and half of them were sweet potato-curry. They’re my favorite kind.

5. Sam on 07 Dec 2010 at 10:41 am #

I wish I was downtown today Julie! I have your books all bookmarked and ready to go (I was 2nd in line and the one who was introduced as worshipping you at the book signing) so I can’t wait to get baking and cooking. Hope you’re feeling better!!

6. Laurie in Burnaby on 07 Dec 2010 at 1:24 pm #

Oh, what a treat! I had never thought of making latkes with sweet potatoes. :)
    All best wishes for your recovery from your cold.

7. Liana @ femme fraiche on 07 Dec 2010 at 4:33 pm #

I’ve never tried latkes but everyones been talking about them and now I’m dying to! Yours look gorgeous and sweet potato was an amazing flavour choice:)

8. Cathy on 07 Dec 2010 at 4:58 pm #

Oh….my…. goodness!!!
    I love potato pancakes, but these look delicious. I am going to make these this weekend. Sour cream is an absolute must!

9. retro sweets on 07 Dec 2010 at 10:30 pm #

I just made apple latkes last week and your sweet potato version looks yummy too! Sour cream? Definitely!

10. Ruth on 08 Dec 2010 at 12:06 pm #

Made these last night. Ate them standing over the stove. Whole house smells like fried curied sweet potato latkes. Every bite was delish!

11. Smoked Salmon Latkes » Dinner With Julie on 19 Dec 2012 at 7:43 pm #

[...] There are plenty of ways to make a latke – you can mix your grated potatoes with egg or toss them with flour, or both. You could use sweet potatoes and spike them with curry powder. [...]