Liberté Lemon Fro-Yo

Liberte fro yo 1 Liberté Lemon Fro Yo

If there’s anything I’ve learned from having a sore throat for a week, it’s this:

Liberte fro yo 7 Liberté Lemon Fro Yo

Liberte fro yo 6 Liberté Lemon Fro Yo

Liberte fro yo 5 Liberté Lemon Fro Yo

Liberte fro yo 4 Liberté Lemon Fro Yo

Liberte fro yo 3 Liberté Lemon Fro Yo

Liberte fro yo 2 Liberté Lemon Fro Yo

Note: The Liberté company had nothing to do with this post – it was all me and my tonsils.

pixel Liberté Lemon Fro Yo
button print gry20 Liberté Lemon Fro Yo

March 06 2012 07:41 pm | dessert and freezable and snacks

38 Responses to “Liberté Lemon Fro-Yo”

1. angela on 06 Mar 2012 at 7:44 pm #

thats my favorite liberte yogurt flavour. so delish!! i’m going to try that in my ice cream maker.

2. Sue. D on 06 Mar 2012 at 7:48 pm #

Gimmie! I’ve SO got ice cream machine envy – I’ve got an ice cream attachment for my mixer, and can’t say I’m enamoured. (sorry for the first world problem whinge)

I could almost envy your tonsils. And love that first photo!

3. tricia on 06 Mar 2012 at 7:53 pm #

That Liberte yoghurt is addictive. Have yout tried the coffee flavour?

4. JulieVR on 06 Mar 2012 at 8:52 pm #

YES! The coffee is my fave. I devour the whole thing in (almost) one go. But I figured lemon is light and refreshing… coffee is next!

5. CathyH on 06 Mar 2012 at 9:35 pm #

That is my favourite too! Nothing better.
    Except this!!!!!

6. Jenine on 06 Mar 2012 at 10:04 pm #

Oh this looks good! Any suggestions for how I might get similar results without an icecream maker? (I don’t have one). Would love to try this with coconut Liberte yogurt.

7. Karen on 06 Mar 2012 at 10:18 pm #

I’m practically speechless – it looks amazing and what a GREAT idea! Thanks for posting this!

8. Mardi@eatlivetravelwrite. on 07 Mar 2012 at 3:35 am #

I LOVE LIbetré products – I am working on a series of recipes for them right now using their Greek yohurt. This looks incredible. I need to try it myself – that line is so creamy and delicious! I hope it helps you feel better :)

9. Sandy Blaxland on 07 Mar 2012 at 4:58 am #

Why have I never thought of this before? You’re brilliant!

Hope you’re feeling better. Now I’ll go dig my ice cream maker out.

10. vicky on 07 Mar 2012 at 7:03 am #

will it work if I only have a cuisinart ice cream maker?

11. Doréus on 07 Mar 2012 at 8:07 am #

Suddenly, I want a sore throat… Just for the excuse…

12. molly on 07 Mar 2012 at 8:52 am #

oh, you poor dear!

and you BRILLIANT, insightful soul. we just had our first taste of liberte a few weeks back, and hot DANG it was good. Onctueux, indeed!

hope those tonsils are on the mend…

13. JulieVR on 07 Mar 2012 at 8:57 am #

Vicky – I happen to have a Cuisinart ice cream maker, but I’m sure it will work with any model.

14. susie on 07 Mar 2012 at 10:20 am #

I have to admit I have never had lemon yogurt, and this brand is something you are obviously keeping from us sheltered foodies in the South….but I have thrown Chobani in the ice cream maker with great results and am going to hunt down a lemon something to try!

15. Sue (London, ON) on 07 Mar 2012 at 10:47 am #

Lemon & Ice cream… 2 of my favourite things. I gotta get me an ice cream maker. I just can’t bring myself to spend the money on it! Feel Better Julie!

16. Laurie from Burnaby on 07 Mar 2012 at 12:01 pm #

I love the lemon, and the cocoanut, and the coffee. I can’t abide yogurts that add cornflour and other crap – nasty!
    I’ll definitely try to make this in the summer when it’s hot – lemon or lime sherbert with pieces of fruit is a favourite summer lunch

17. Jen on 07 Mar 2012 at 4:23 pm #

Oh funny enough I never thought about putting it in the ice cream machine…

18. renee@sweetsugarbean on 07 Mar 2012 at 4:53 pm #

Given all of the hacking I’ve been up to lately, this would most definitely come in handy. If only I had an ice cream maker!!!

19. Melissa on 07 Mar 2012 at 4:56 pm #

Oh…. what is that stuff? Just high quality yogurt? Any suggestions of a comparable brand down here in the southern US? That looks amazing!

20. Fran on 07 Mar 2012 at 6:27 pm #

Going out and buymy ice cream maker now! Got the Liberte and my fav lemon!!

21. margaret on 07 Mar 2012 at 6:38 pm #

This is the BEST yogurt. I like the one with the blackberries.

22. Anonymous on 07 Mar 2012 at 7:24 pm #

Lemon rocks, and why can’t we get a proper Italian lemon gelato here? If you’re up to the calories, Haagen-Dazs lemon ice cream will do, sore throat or not, preferably not.

23. Stephanie on 07 Mar 2012 at 10:37 pm #

Why have I never done this before!! I love that yogurt and I have an ice cream maker

24. Sujata on 07 Mar 2012 at 10:58 pm #

Holy Cow! I would never have thought to just throw a carton of yougart into my ice cream maker; smack me up side the head; I am so doing this. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

25. ileana on 08 Mar 2012 at 7:14 am #

Ha, you just reminded me of wisdom teeth… I had all four removed a week after Thanksgiving, and ice cream was so heavenly during my recovery.

26. the other Al on 08 Mar 2012 at 12:54 pm #

do it with the coconut! do iiiiiiiiiiiiit!

27. Roberta on 08 Mar 2012 at 1:45 pm #

I want an ice cream maker just like yours. What model is it? I need to make some frozen yogurt! Yours looks too good for words!

28. vanessa on 08 Mar 2012 at 2:37 pm #

This looks delicious! I love Liberté lemon yogourt as is, so I can only imagine how good it would be as frozen yogourt! I will be trying this asap.

Vanessa

29. Bonnie on 08 Mar 2012 at 4:10 pm #

Greatest. Idea. Ever.
    I love the lemon flavour, but oh, the coconut one has captured my heart recently…I bet that would be divine.

Putting my ice cream insert into the freezer now!

30. Fiona on 08 Mar 2012 at 7:12 pm #

WHAT? I didn’t know there was a coconut flavour. The lemon flavour is amazing, and this post makes me want to buy an ice cream maker. Which I may very well do once my kitchen is put back together, since I’ll certainly have the storage space.

31. margo on 09 Mar 2012 at 11:43 pm #

I can’t believe you did this this week; I have not had a sore throat, thank goodness, but here in Central Alberta where when Coconut Liberte yogurt shows up, you buy three and your friends buy you three. So yes, we ended up with 5 Coconut yogurt containers all at once and voila! I did the same as you, threw 2 of them into the ice cream machine. It IS delicious yogurt (cold or frozen), if you can track it down!

32. kickpleat on 10 Mar 2012 at 2:57 pm #

I’ve made fro-yo with the coconut and it’s amazing (even better which flakes of dark chocolate swirled in).

33. Jaya on 11 Mar 2012 at 3:06 pm #

Julie, we always flirt with the idea of doing this, but now we absolutely must! The lemon is fantastic, but I have to go with a few other reader and pronounce coconut as my favourite. Ok, blackberry is up there too. Can’t wait to try it!

34. Jen on 12 Mar 2012 at 1:41 pm #

My ice cream maker is working it’s magic right now! It’s lemon today….next up, coconut!

35. Cheryl on 14 Mar 2012 at 4:52 pm #

I’ve done this too. Amazing.
    But, I must admit, Haagen Daz now has a lemon ice cream that is pretty darn incredible too.

36. Diane on 14 Mar 2012 at 5:40 pm #

I made this today and it is so refreshing. I can imagine it felt great on your sore throat. So simple and delicious. Thanks for the idea.

37. Korena on 23 Mar 2012 at 7:09 pm #

Ooooh, I love that lemon yogurt! I also love the coffee one. This looks brilliant, and means I need to get my hands on an ice cream maker…

38. Irm on 04 May 2012 at 9:36 am #

Getting an ice cream maker for Mother’s Day!!! Sooooo excited! Thanks for the inspiration Julie!!