Leg of Lamb in the Slow Cooker with Mint, Rosemary & Garlic

Leg of lamb mint sauce 1 Leg of Lamb in the Slow Cooker with Mint, Rosemary & Garlic

One of the most popular search terms people use to get here is “leg of lamb slow cooker”. Apparently I posted about it sometime back in 2008, and there are a great many people who want to know how to cook leg of lamb in the slow cooker. I’m glad to know this – there are few better – or simpler – meals than a melt-in-your-mouth leg of lamb, slow cooked while you go about your day.

Leg of lamb mint sauce 3 Leg of Lamb in the Slow Cooker with Mint, Rosemary & Garlic

If you pick up a leg of lamb – with or without the bone – that has had the shank end trimmed off, it will fit perfectly in a slow cooker. Lamb needs little help – I rubbed mine with chopped fresh mint, rosemary and garlic in no particular quantity, helped along with a glug of olive oil. I let it hang out for a bit, then put it in the slow cooker, put the lid on, and cook it on low for 8 hours. I didn’t even add any liquid – the roast released enough on its own, and all the moisture is contained in the slow cooker, so you don’t have to worry about it cooking off.

Mint sauce Leg of Lamb in the Slow Cooker with Mint, Rosemary & Garlic

To make a quick mint sauce that’s better than any that comes in a bottle, simmer equal parts sugar, rice or white wine vinegar and water – I used 1/3 cup of each – until the sugar dissolves, then add a handful of chopped fresh mint and let it steep. Voila – one minute mint sauce.

Leg of lamb mint sauce 2 Leg of Lamb in the Slow Cooker with Mint, Rosemary & Garlic

Add roasted potatoes + peas. Happy weekend!

Slow Roasted Leg of Lamb with Mint, Rosemary and Garlic

1 leg of lamb, without the shank
a handful of fresh mint, chopped
a few sprigs of fresh rosemary, chopped
a few cloves of garlic, crushed
a glug of olive oil
salt

Pat the lamb dry with paper towels, then combine the mint, rosemary, garlic and enough oil to make a runny paste, and smear it all over the lamb. Sprinkle with salt. If you have time, cover and refrigerate it for a few hours, or overnight.

Heat a large, heavy skillet with a drizzle of oil over medium-high heat and brown the lamb on all sides. Transfer to a slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours. (If you like, add a glassful of red wine or chicken stock, but it’s not necessary – the slow cooker will contain all the juices from the meat and cook beautifully.) Serve hot, with mint sauce. Serves 6-8.

pixel Leg of Lamb in the Slow Cooker with Mint, Rosemary & Garlic
button print gry20 Leg of Lamb in the Slow Cooker with Mint, Rosemary & Garlic

October 19 2012 04:53 pm | lamb and slow cooker

35 Responses to “Leg of Lamb in the Slow Cooker with Mint, Rosemary & Garlic”

1. Leslie on 19 Oct 2012 at 6:58 pm #

Lamb! Yum! Lamb is my absolute favourite. I’m going to try this next time

2. Maureen on 19 Oct 2012 at 8:33 pm #

Looks incredible as do the potatoes. How did you cook those?

3. Jessica on 20 Oct 2012 at 5:24 am #

Ha! I think I’ve been seeing too much U.S. election stuff. I first read, “Leg of Lamb in the Slow Cooker w Mitt….”

4. Laura on 20 Oct 2012 at 3:40 pm #

OMG that is my kind of meal! Except I would use my Dutch oven. That is seriously mouthwatering. I confess I usually sub beef for lamb but this has me seriously reconsidering.

Your comment about how the leg of lamb is the most searched recipe made me laugh. Mine is beef and noodles. If you’ve ever been to my blog you realize how funny that is–talk about not the typical thing on my blog.

PS Jessica’s comment cracked me up!

5. Gemma on 21 Oct 2012 at 2:06 pm #

Oh yum! And to think I just visited the grocery store and left a leg of lamb there that I was looking at because I couldn’t think of what I would do with it. Thank you for the brilliant idea!

6. Leg of Lamb in the Slow Cooker - Go Cook THIS! on 21 Oct 2012 at 2:15 pm #

[...] [ Get the RECIPE ] [...]

7. Cooking with a Slow Cooker | Biscuits & Banarsi on 22 Oct 2012 at 2:11 pm #

[...] and Garlic Leg of Lamb : http://dinnerwithjulie.com/2012/10/19/leg-of-lamb-slow-cooker/ About the authorSamanRelated PostsWhat your mother never told you about fried onionsJune 10, [...]

8. Laurie from Burnaby on 23 Oct 2012 at 1:19 pm #

Yumm Yumm!!
    I love lamb, and so does my fiance. It might take some work to get him to let me slow cook it, but it’ll be worth it to get this. I love roasted potatoes, rosemary and mint.
    I’m putting on weight just reading this.

9. Kat on 29 Oct 2012 at 9:17 am #

I would love to try this – i’m having a group of friends over on Friday after work, this will be the perfect do-ahead dish!
    Do you suppose I could put it in the slow-cooker on low for up to 10 hours? Or will that overcook/dry out the meat?
    thanks!

10. marg on 03 Nov 2012 at 8:32 pm #

Made this today, it was delish!

11. Joyce on 30 Mar 2013 at 12:03 am #

Going try this for Easter dinner, I’ll let u know
    how my guests like this. Sounds yummy….

12. Cali on 25 Jun 2013 at 9:45 am #

This looks seriously delicious!

Got the lamb in the slow cooker right now. Seered it first with italian seasoning & lemon/orange pepper.

13. vintage leather bazaar on 30 Aug 2013 at 1:52 am #

Cambridge tote should really feel privileged to make it
    suspending through the girl back. especially should give people a awesome impression of friends,
    take advantage of the opportunity to leather-based bag, frequent appears inside the
    attire concerning the integral collocation of, leather-based bag is in reality a indispensable element of.
    The final choice to make when looking for a
    shoulder tote bag is what many consider the most important, the style of the bag.

14. Bridgett on 06 Sep 2013 at 10:41 pm #

When all else fails, you can always call your favorite shop and ask what pizza deals they are offering.
    Just try imagining a car with a Dominos sign placed on
    its roof gunning it through red lights, probably
    not the kind of advertisement the company had been looking for.
    There is the Neapolitan pizza usually called the pizza Napolitano.

Look at my weblog … dominos promo codes (Bridgett)

15. installing a garbage disposal on 25 Sep 2013 at 12:20 am #

I have seen a lot of useful things on your site about computer systems.
    However, I’ve got the thoughts and opinions
    that netbooks are still not quite powerful more than enough to be a good option if you generally do jobs that require
    lots of power, like video enhancing. But for net surfing, statement processing,
    and most other popular computer functions they are okay, provided you don’t mind
    small screen size. Appreciate sharing your notions.

Also visit my webpage: installing a garbage disposal

16. JB on 25 Sep 2013 at 9:59 am #

This tasted great and was super easy. I’d recommend adding 1/2-1 cup of wine or broth before starting cooking so that the meat gets a true braise and stays a bit more moist. Following the recipe exactly, this came out sliceable, but not fork tender like osso bucco.

17. online medical massage schools on 30 Sep 2013 at 2:05 pm #

I was wondering if you ever considered changing the page layout
    of your website? Its very well written; I love what youve got to say.
    But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people
    could connect with it better. Youve got an awful lot of text for only having one or two images.
    Maybe you could space it out better?

18. Glenn on 12 Jan 2014 at 9:16 am #

Me and my family have just left the dinner table after eating this the plates were empty very nice

19. Slow Cooker Recipes: 15 Dishes You Can Easily Make With Your Crock Pot | Noodle Recipes Advice on 15 Jan 2014 at 9:16 pm #

[…] Learn what goes into a recipe during Dinner With Julie. […]

20. Joseph on 16 Jan 2014 at 2:23 pm #

what type of slow cooker is best for this recipe!?

21. Annette on 26 Jan 2014 at 2:11 pm #

Yummy! This turned out really well. I’m used to making lamb in the oven, but thought I’d try the slow cooker for a change. It couldn’t be easier and it turned out so juicy and tender.
    Thanks for recipe, will definitely make again.

22. Alison Hanns on 06 Apr 2014 at 5:57 am #

From UK…..new to slow cooker cooking and yes, I searched for lamb-slow cooker!
    i have my lamb cooking now, just about fitted in. didnt have time to sear it first but ive added slivers of garlic lushed into the lamb, some rosemary and a smothering of mint jelly.
    ive started it off on high then going to put it onto low for several hours.
    Your pictures look yummy so hope mine turns out as well.
    Ha ing roast potatoes with maple roast carrots and good old English cabbage with leeks.

Ive also made a plum, blueberry and almond cake for afters, having also found the recipe on the internet. Just need some cream for it, or maybe ice cream ;0). Diet starts tomorrow!

23. t.l. on 13 Apr 2014 at 8:06 pm #

Made it a couple of weeks ago – an absolute favourite of everyone – thank you for the recipe! We absolute go-to for lamb from now on – not for simplicity, but for taste!

24. Debbie A on 21 Apr 2014 at 1:11 pm #

This recipe was a resounding success for my Easter Sunday lunch yesterday – apart from having to get up at 6.30am to brown the lamb and put it in the slow cooker! Was truly delicious and just so easy. Many thanks.

25. where to buy hcg online on 30 May 2014 at 3:00 am #

We tend to gain weight during sugar consumption because
    it lacks these vital nutrients. However, the device will keep your muscles working and tones when you are
    least active or resting. Drink at least 32 ounces of 100% natural organic cranberry juice every day.

Look at my web-site – where to buy hcg online

26. ft lauderdale Cpa seminars on 06 Jun 2014 at 3:22 am #

Reality is, there’s no failing when it comes to
    mobile CPA advertising and marketing, there’s only
    experimentation. There are lots of online communities that you could benefit from.
    Likewise, those who undertake the exam without the main benefit of CPA exam courses may find
    they need formal exam prep so as to pass.

my web site … ft lauderdale Cpa seminars

27. hcg weight loss atlanta reviews on 17 Jun 2014 at 6:50 pm #

All of these are combined to asses the risk for Down syndrome.
    More than one third of Americans are considered obese and two thirds are considered
    overweight according to WIN, the weight control information network.

There are some that have gained worldwide fame for example Atkins Eating habits,
    South Beach Eating habits et al. Now, HCG diet has come through
    more than fifty years now and is considered as the most effective ways to
    lose body fat. Apparently, the dieter either receives injections, drinks droplets, or
    uses a nasal spray with the HCG hormone, which is the hormone naturally
    produced by women. You may find that very difficult to believe, but
    following the HCG diet program actually is
    your key element for making diet program get the job done.
    Eating right and exercising still continues to be the best way for weight loss that
    lasts. Taking HCG diet drops at the start of the morning and also at bedtime will help the dieters receive the best possible results.
    The amount of calories from fat should be no more than 30% of
    the total calories you eat per day. This should become less frequent after the first week.

Here is my web page: hcg weight loss atlanta reviews

28. kitchen sky service plumbing pompano beach on 26 Jun 2014 at 9:27 am #

The combined elimination of emotional trauma and the nutritional support is an incredibly powerful package that promotes
    health and well being faster than any other method currently available for treating arthritis.
    ” In little time at all, the completed washing was spinning away drying in the only dryer, I was standing under a well eared hot shower giving myself a good rubdown. Due to the high level of customization, it is very easy to ruin or severely impair a character in Champions Online.

my weblog; kitchen sky service
    plumbing pompano beach

29. real estate band on 03 Jul 2014 at 5:13 am #

It isn’t often you will run into someone who is dragging their feet about
    selling and even if you do there are many more properties out
    there that are up for grabs. Propaganda originated by illegitimate sources causes
    all such disbeliefs amongst investors and observers.

s possible to recover from this financial crisis and emerge on the other
    side in better shape than ever before. It’s usually the landowner that just says yes to someone who pulls up in the driveway and asks to hunt that will regrets it later.
    Ruby and Rails leverage each other and the two most valued beliefs of
    lesser lines of computer encrypting and group collecting over configuration are deduced from this amalgamation. The stock market is obviously still an option,
    however, many investors are moving away from this place due to market volatility and
    the low rate of return. For the arrangement to be mutually beneficial,
    the right amount of public financial assistance, whether up-front to aid in direct development costs or deferred (sometimes in the
    form of tax or utility credits, or back-ended ground
    lease payments) over time, should be included as a structural support of the project so that the consultant will
    know how to correctly structure the P3 arrangement. As with all things legal there are
    exceptions and you need to take legal advice.
    There are several platforms to invest your money today.
    Leasehold tenants and freeholders are in the hands of their
    managing agents.

Take a look at my page – real estate band

30. chloe sims fancy ponytails hairstyles on 09 Jul 2014 at 9:38 pm #

Allow the oil to soak into the body for at least 20 minutes and then wash it and the unsightly blotches
    away. She has also adopted an American name, June, which illustrates her assimilation to American culture.

Most people use fake tanning to get that extra glow on their skin.

Here is my page chloe sims fancy ponytails hairstyles

31. hcg weight loss edmond ok on 26 Jul 2014 at 7:24 pm #

Dieters will find it is easier to strictly follow
    the 500-calorie diet program with the help of HCG needles or common HCG products.
    At any rate, our Hc – G drops for weight loss are designed to burn one to two pounds a day.

The drops do not have any side effects and this is one of the reasons as to why they are highly recommended and quite popular in the
    market.

Feel free to surf to my web page hcg weight loss edmond ok

32. Boca Raton CPAt test review on 26 Jul 2014 at 8:27 pm #

You ought to be able to run the business sans worrying too much
    about its financial aspect. Also consider how well the package
    can interact with other software you use. Alas, business deductions act as a salve to
    cool the burning and itching of your bank account.

Have a look at my webpage – Boca Raton CPAt test review

33. Mts on 02 Aug 2014 at 6:46 pm #

What the heck happened to the theme here?
    We went from leg of lamb to disposal installation to diabetes to goodness knows what else.
    And for all the questions, not one single answer. What is the point? Just tell people to read the recipe, cook the meal then go away. OK, I’m going…

34. best hcg drops online on 07 Aug 2014 at 6:02 pm #

One more thing on which you need to pay attention to is fats and
    this is something that you should not be consumed in the large amount.
    Don’t let yourself be baffled, acquiring benefits on the <. A typical HCG program involves combining a low calorie diet and HCG usage.

My homepage best hcg drops online

35. Carol on 17 Aug 2014 at 2:51 am #

Lovely, and no dirty oven. My husband said it was the best roast lamb ever! So it must be – he’s pretty fussy. Thank you Julie