Leg of Lamb in the Slow Cooker with Mint, Rosemary & Garlic

Leg of lamb mint sauce 1 Leg of Lamb in the Slow Cooker with Mint, Rosemary & Garlic

One of the most popular search terms people use to get here is “leg of lamb slow cooker”. Apparently I posted about it sometime back in 2008, and there are a great many people who want to know how to cook leg of lamb in the slow cooker. I’m glad to know this – there are few better – or simpler – meals than a melt-in-your-mouth leg of lamb, slow cooked while you go about your day.

Leg of lamb mint sauce 3 Leg of Lamb in the Slow Cooker with Mint, Rosemary & Garlic

If you pick up a leg of lamb – with or without the bone – that has had the shank end trimmed off, it will fit perfectly in a slow cooker. Lamb needs little help – I rubbed mine with chopped fresh mint, rosemary and garlic in no particular quantity, helped along with a glug of olive oil. I let it hang out for a bit, then put it in the slow cooker, put the lid on, and cook it on low for 8 hours. I didn’t even add any liquid – the roast released enough on its own, and all the moisture is contained in the slow cooker, so you don’t have to worry about it cooking off.

Mint sauce Leg of Lamb in the Slow Cooker with Mint, Rosemary & Garlic

To make a quick mint sauce that’s better than any that comes in a bottle, simmer equal parts sugar, rice or white wine vinegar and water – I used 1/3 cup of each – until the sugar dissolves, then add a handful of chopped fresh mint and let it steep. Voila – one minute mint sauce.

Leg of lamb mint sauce 2 Leg of Lamb in the Slow Cooker with Mint, Rosemary & Garlic

Add roasted potatoes + peas. Happy weekend!

Slow Roasted Leg of Lamb with Mint, Rosemary and Garlic

1 leg of lamb, without the shank
a handful of fresh mint, chopped
a few sprigs of fresh rosemary, chopped
a few cloves of garlic, crushed
a glug of olive oil
salt

Pat the lamb dry with paper towels, then combine the mint, rosemary, garlic and enough oil to make a runny paste, and smear it all over the lamb. Sprinkle with salt. If you have time, cover and refrigerate it for a few hours, or overnight.

Heat a large, heavy skillet with a drizzle of oil over medium-high heat and brown the lamb on all sides. Transfer to a slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours. (If you like, add a glassful of red wine or chicken stock, but it’s not necessary – the slow cooker will contain all the juices from the meat and cook beautifully.) Serve hot, with mint sauce. Serves 6-8.

pixel Leg of Lamb in the Slow Cooker with Mint, Rosemary & Garlic
button print gry20 Leg of Lamb in the Slow Cooker with Mint, Rosemary & Garlic

October 19 2012 04:53 pm | lamb and slow cooker

55 Responses to “Leg of Lamb in the Slow Cooker with Mint, Rosemary & Garlic”

1. Leslie on 19 Oct 2012 at 6:58 pm #

Lamb! Yum! Lamb is my absolute favourite. I’m going to try this next time

2. Maureen on 19 Oct 2012 at 8:33 pm #

Looks incredible as do the potatoes. How did you cook those?

3. Jessica on 20 Oct 2012 at 5:24 am #

Ha! I think I’ve been seeing too much U.S. election stuff. I first read, “Leg of Lamb in the Slow Cooker w Mitt….”

4. Laura on 20 Oct 2012 at 3:40 pm #

OMG that is my kind of meal! Except I would use my Dutch oven. That is seriously mouthwatering. I confess I usually sub beef for lamb but this has me seriously reconsidering.

Your comment about how the leg of lamb is the most searched recipe made me laugh. Mine is beef and noodles. If you’ve ever been to my blog you realize how funny that is–talk about not the typical thing on my blog.

PS Jessica’s comment cracked me up!

5. Gemma on 21 Oct 2012 at 2:06 pm #

Oh yum! And to think I just visited the grocery store and left a leg of lamb there that I was looking at because I couldn’t think of what I would do with it. Thank you for the brilliant idea!

6. Leg of Lamb in the Slow Cooker - Go Cook THIS! on 21 Oct 2012 at 2:15 pm #

[...] [ Get the RECIPE ] [...]

7. Cooking with a Slow Cooker | Biscuits & Banarsi on 22 Oct 2012 at 2:11 pm #

[...] and Garlic Leg of Lamb : http://dinnerwithjulie.com/2012/10/19/leg-of-lamb-slow-cooker/ About the authorSamanRelated PostsWhat your mother never told you about fried onionsJune 10, [...]

8. Laurie from Burnaby on 23 Oct 2012 at 1:19 pm #

Yumm Yumm!!
    I love lamb, and so does my fiance. It might take some work to get him to let me slow cook it, but it’ll be worth it to get this. I love roasted potatoes, rosemary and mint.
    I’m putting on weight just reading this.

9. Kat on 29 Oct 2012 at 9:17 am #

I would love to try this – i’m having a group of friends over on Friday after work, this will be the perfect do-ahead dish!
    Do you suppose I could put it in the slow-cooker on low for up to 10 hours? Or will that overcook/dry out the meat?
    thanks!

10. marg on 03 Nov 2012 at 8:32 pm #

Made this today, it was delish!

11. Joyce on 30 Mar 2013 at 12:03 am #

Going try this for Easter dinner, I’ll let u know
    how my guests like this. Sounds yummy….

12. Cali on 25 Jun 2013 at 9:45 am #

This looks seriously delicious!

Got the lamb in the slow cooker right now. Seered it first with italian seasoning & lemon/orange pepper.

13. vintage leather bazaar on 30 Aug 2013 at 1:52 am #

Cambridge tote should really feel privileged to make it
    suspending through the girl back. especially should give people a awesome impression of friends,
    take advantage of the opportunity to leather-based bag, frequent appears inside the
    attire concerning the integral collocation of, leather-based bag is in reality a indispensable element of.
    The final choice to make when looking for a
    shoulder tote bag is what many consider the most important, the style of the bag.

14. Bridgett on 06 Sep 2013 at 10:41 pm #

When all else fails, you can always call your favorite shop and ask what pizza deals they are offering.
    Just try imagining a car with a Dominos sign placed on
    its roof gunning it through red lights, probably
    not the kind of advertisement the company had been looking for.
    There is the Neapolitan pizza usually called the pizza Napolitano.

Look at my weblog … dominos promo codes (Bridgett)

15. installing a garbage disposal on 25 Sep 2013 at 12:20 am #

I have seen a lot of useful things on your site about computer systems.
    However, I’ve got the thoughts and opinions
    that netbooks are still not quite powerful more than enough to be a good option if you generally do jobs that require
    lots of power, like video enhancing. But for net surfing, statement processing,
    and most other popular computer functions they are okay, provided you don’t mind
    small screen size. Appreciate sharing your notions.

Also visit my webpage: installing a garbage disposal

16. JB on 25 Sep 2013 at 9:59 am #

This tasted great and was super easy. I’d recommend adding 1/2-1 cup of wine or broth before starting cooking so that the meat gets a true braise and stays a bit more moist. Following the recipe exactly, this came out sliceable, but not fork tender like osso bucco.

17. online medical massage schools on 30 Sep 2013 at 2:05 pm #

I was wondering if you ever considered changing the page layout
    of your website? Its very well written; I love what youve got to say.
    But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people
    could connect with it better. Youve got an awful lot of text for only having one or two images.
    Maybe you could space it out better?

18. Glenn on 12 Jan 2014 at 9:16 am #

Me and my family have just left the dinner table after eating this the plates were empty very nice

19. Slow Cooker Recipes: 15 Dishes You Can Easily Make With Your Crock Pot | Noodle Recipes Advice on 15 Jan 2014 at 9:16 pm #

[…] Learn what goes into a recipe during Dinner With Julie. […]

20. Joseph on 16 Jan 2014 at 2:23 pm #

what type of slow cooker is best for this recipe!?

21. Annette on 26 Jan 2014 at 2:11 pm #

Yummy! This turned out really well. I’m used to making lamb in the oven, but thought I’d try the slow cooker for a change. It couldn’t be easier and it turned out so juicy and tender.
    Thanks for recipe, will definitely make again.

22. Alison Hanns on 06 Apr 2014 at 5:57 am #

From UK…..new to slow cooker cooking and yes, I searched for lamb-slow cooker!
    i have my lamb cooking now, just about fitted in. didnt have time to sear it first but ive added slivers of garlic lushed into the lamb, some rosemary and a smothering of mint jelly.
    ive started it off on high then going to put it onto low for several hours.
    Your pictures look yummy so hope mine turns out as well.
    Ha ing roast potatoes with maple roast carrots and good old English cabbage with leeks.

Ive also made a plum, blueberry and almond cake for afters, having also found the recipe on the internet. Just need some cream for it, or maybe ice cream ;0). Diet starts tomorrow!

23. t.l. on 13 Apr 2014 at 8:06 pm #

Made it a couple of weeks ago – an absolute favourite of everyone – thank you for the recipe! We absolute go-to for lamb from now on – not for simplicity, but for taste!

24. Debbie A on 21 Apr 2014 at 1:11 pm #

This recipe was a resounding success for my Easter Sunday lunch yesterday – apart from having to get up at 6.30am to brown the lamb and put it in the slow cooker! Was truly delicious and just so easy. Many thanks.

25. where to buy hcg online on 30 May 2014 at 3:00 am #

We tend to gain weight during sugar consumption because
    it lacks these vital nutrients. However, the device will keep your muscles working and tones when you are
    least active or resting. Drink at least 32 ounces of 100% natural organic cranberry juice every day.

Look at my web-site – where to buy hcg online

26. ft lauderdale Cpa seminars on 06 Jun 2014 at 3:22 am #

Reality is, there’s no failing when it comes to
    mobile CPA advertising and marketing, there’s only
    experimentation. There are lots of online communities that you could benefit from.
    Likewise, those who undertake the exam without the main benefit of CPA exam courses may find
    they need formal exam prep so as to pass.

my web site … ft lauderdale Cpa seminars

27. hcg weight loss atlanta reviews on 17 Jun 2014 at 6:50 pm #

All of these are combined to asses the risk for Down syndrome.
    More than one third of Americans are considered obese and two thirds are considered
    overweight according to WIN, the weight control information network.

There are some that have gained worldwide fame for example Atkins Eating habits,
    South Beach Eating habits et al. Now, HCG diet has come through
    more than fifty years now and is considered as the most effective ways to
    lose body fat. Apparently, the dieter either receives injections, drinks droplets, or
    uses a nasal spray with the HCG hormone, which is the hormone naturally
    produced by women. You may find that very difficult to believe, but
    following the HCG diet program actually is
    your key element for making diet program get the job done.
    Eating right and exercising still continues to be the best way for weight loss that
    lasts. Taking HCG diet drops at the start of the morning and also at bedtime will help the dieters receive the best possible results.
    The amount of calories from fat should be no more than 30% of
    the total calories you eat per day. This should become less frequent after the first week.

Here is my web page: hcg weight loss atlanta reviews

28. kitchen sky service plumbing pompano beach on 26 Jun 2014 at 9:27 am #

The combined elimination of emotional trauma and the nutritional support is an incredibly powerful package that promotes
    health and well being faster than any other method currently available for treating arthritis.
    ” In little time at all, the completed washing was spinning away drying in the only dryer, I was standing under a well eared hot shower giving myself a good rubdown. Due to the high level of customization, it is very easy to ruin or severely impair a character in Champions Online.

my weblog; kitchen sky service
    plumbing pompano beach

29. real estate band on 03 Jul 2014 at 5:13 am #

It isn’t often you will run into someone who is dragging their feet about
    selling and even if you do there are many more properties out
    there that are up for grabs. Propaganda originated by illegitimate sources causes
    all such disbeliefs amongst investors and observers.

s possible to recover from this financial crisis and emerge on the other
    side in better shape than ever before. It’s usually the landowner that just says yes to someone who pulls up in the driveway and asks to hunt that will regrets it later.
    Ruby and Rails leverage each other and the two most valued beliefs of
    lesser lines of computer encrypting and group collecting over configuration are deduced from this amalgamation. The stock market is obviously still an option,
    however, many investors are moving away from this place due to market volatility and
    the low rate of return. For the arrangement to be mutually beneficial,
    the right amount of public financial assistance, whether up-front to aid in direct development costs or deferred (sometimes in the
    form of tax or utility credits, or back-ended ground
    lease payments) over time, should be included as a structural support of the project so that the consultant will
    know how to correctly structure the P3 arrangement. As with all things legal there are
    exceptions and you need to take legal advice.
    There are several platforms to invest your money today.
    Leasehold tenants and freeholders are in the hands of their
    managing agents.

Take a look at my page – real estate band

30. chloe sims fancy ponytails hairstyles on 09 Jul 2014 at 9:38 pm #

Allow the oil to soak into the body for at least 20 minutes and then wash it and the unsightly blotches
    away. She has also adopted an American name, June, which illustrates her assimilation to American culture.

Most people use fake tanning to get that extra glow on their skin.

Here is my page chloe sims fancy ponytails hairstyles

31. hcg weight loss edmond ok on 26 Jul 2014 at 7:24 pm #

Dieters will find it is easier to strictly follow
    the 500-calorie diet program with the help of HCG needles or common HCG products.
    At any rate, our Hc – G drops for weight loss are designed to burn one to two pounds a day.

The drops do not have any side effects and this is one of the reasons as to why they are highly recommended and quite popular in the
    market.

Feel free to surf to my web page hcg weight loss edmond ok

32. Boca Raton CPAt test review on 26 Jul 2014 at 8:27 pm #

You ought to be able to run the business sans worrying too much
    about its financial aspect. Also consider how well the package
    can interact with other software you use. Alas, business deductions act as a salve to
    cool the burning and itching of your bank account.

Have a look at my webpage – Boca Raton CPAt test review

33. Mts on 02 Aug 2014 at 6:46 pm #

What the heck happened to the theme here?
    We went from leg of lamb to disposal installation to diabetes to goodness knows what else.
    And for all the questions, not one single answer. What is the point? Just tell people to read the recipe, cook the meal then go away. OK, I’m going…

34. best hcg drops online on 07 Aug 2014 at 6:02 pm #

One more thing on which you need to pay attention to is fats and
    this is something that you should not be consumed in the large amount.
    Don’t let yourself be baffled, acquiring benefits on the <. A typical HCG program involves combining a low calorie diet and HCG usage.

My homepage best hcg drops online

35. Carol on 17 Aug 2014 at 2:51 am #

Lovely, and no dirty oven. My husband said it was the best roast lamb ever! So it must be – he’s pretty fussy. Thank you Julie

36. plastic surgery costs on 21 Aug 2014 at 2:03 am #

However, when choosing a plastic surgeon some things are to be kept in mind.
    There are many forms of lasers available for skin resurfacing.
    Vanity is when you have something taken care of because you want
    everyone to notice and look at you.

my web site: plastic surgery costs

37. hcg weight loss on period on 21 Aug 2014 at 6:15 am #

-The test was done incorrectly for example perhaps the
    test was not saturated entirely in urine. Warrants have been issued for his arrest in Europe and he lives
    in hiding outside the E. It is though because you just need to take drops timely and live the way you are doing.

my web site: hcg weight loss on period

38. Boca Raton CPA supplies canada on 21 Aug 2014 at 10:49 pm #

Lawyer or attorney Victorianne Musonza, Lawyer At Laws, Licensed in NY And NC,
    Maxwell Law Office, PLLC is accepted to rehearse rules in Rhode –
    Tropical isle and Massachusetts, so the Federal government Section Courts, which
    is a member of the Pub of the us Superior Court. They will do all the talking for you with the agent.

Every year, thousands of vacancies open up in the public sector.

my web page … Boca Raton CPA supplies canada

39. cpa fort Lauderdale Florida on 22 Aug 2014 at 1:23 am #

companies, understanding its accounting laws is necessary.
    As many times as that old mechanical clock passed through owners,
    each seller was supposed to pay taxes on it. Here you
    can talk about the past job experiences, skills and accomplishments.

Here is my blog – cpa fort Lauderdale Florida

40. Facial Plastic Surgeon San Diego on 26 Aug 2014 at 10:18 am #

However, when choosing a plastic surgeon some things are to be kept in mind.
    There are differences between Persian patients in the US as opposed to those
    in Iran. Vanity is when you have something taken care of because you want everyone to notice and look at you.

my web blog: Facial Plastic Surgeon San Diego

41. world Percussion dj samples download on 05 Sep 2014 at 1:46 am #

Formed in 1997 by hi?h sch?ol friends Tom Higgendon and Ken Fletcher, the g??up had a mostly unde?ground foll?wing inn Chicago b?sements, clubs, annd bars in its early years,
    and underwent numerous personnel change?. Se?aration of quench?r
    from the donor increases the fluorescence. ?hiis t?ok place ?n the parish church off St
    Martin’s in th? beautuful villlage of Bladon,
    where Winston Churchill is buried, which is significant given that Dr M.

my web-site; world Percussion dj samples download

42. Boca Raton CPA jobs in usa on 06 Sep 2014 at 5:02 am #

It records all the transactions taking place in a company so
    that you can always have a check on the losses if required and according to generally accepted accounting principles,
    the basic framework of accounting should always include finance and accounting
    records. But there is an exception if the caregiver is your parent.
    For a common judgment creditor lien to outrank an IRS
    lien the lien needs to get recorded before the IRS’s
    lien is recorded, and be a “Choate” lien; which means it is
    a final lien circumstance, and that lien specifically lists what’s attached.

Look into my webpage Boca Raton CPA jobs in usa

43. countertops on 06 Sep 2014 at 5:04 am #

Yes, we need both water and electricity working, and the room
    must be at a normal temperature. This job can be easily finished
    in a day so you should have your bathtub in less than a day.
    In fact, if another company has stated that they will put the porcelain back
    on, we suggest you have the fire department standing by to put
    out the flames.

Feel free to visit my web-site :: countertops

44. boutique wedding dress websites on 13 Sep 2014 at 6:18 pm #

Women all over the country go out via the day so the norm, they will increasingly work located in what before certainly male
    dominated industries. Before you start placing orders you would want to test out
    the local. When we talk about celebrities, the first thing that strikes our
    mind is their living, family, clothes, hairstyles, eating
    habits, holiday destinations and a lot of things that
    you could think of.

45. Hcg Weight Loss Average on 14 Sep 2014 at 8:08 am #

One particular weight loss diet that has just lately
    seen a come-back of interest is h – CG weight loss options.

It helps more when you have a fitness or weight reduction buddy.
    ·Exercise: While a lot of exercise on the HCG Diet is neither necessary nor
    recommended, a simple 15 minutes a day routine will surely increase your weight loss.

46. laser cap review on 14 Sep 2014 at 11:01 am #

Will the doctor performing blind dissection be able to
    adequately account for this variability in the average patient and will he risk operating on an unwary patient
    in whom these differences might be profound. Eventually this can cause hair
    thinning or patches of bald spots. Oils that are perfect for sealing are Olive oil, jojoba oil,
    safflower oil or castor oil.

47. polka dot bodycon dress plus size on 16 Sep 2014 at 7:01 pm #

They are a top choice for many women for the height boost and
    slimming effects. They portion of people do
    not copy their styles from their elders or younger as they set their own style.
    Which will lessen the opportunity of producing blunders.

48. rockbox fritz town movie Theater in fredericksburg tx on 16 Sep 2014 at 9:33 pm #

It is defined as the lowering of the core body temperature.
    Wherever you go, different rules may apply, and some of
    them will be regional only. Bait casting are multiplying reels,
    with the spool mounted above the rod.

49. social media marketing job description on 19 Sep 2014 at 9:00 pm #

Many people advertise affiliate marketing as something that can be
    started for fairly cheap. There was a television show called
    Siskel and Ebert that would tell us whether the movie was
    “two thumbs up” or “two thumbs down”, but usually, we didn’t believe
    them. Stick with the one that seems to have the greatest response.

Feel free to surf to my website :: social media marketing job description

50. thriftee storage company los angeles on 20 Sep 2014 at 4:23 pm #

Those interested in such services should look for a range of connection options in a
    data center. With almost 2,000 water parks all over the world, there are a lot
    of options for you to choose from. ‘Compare your electricity supplier with all existing suppliers in the market.
    In fact, technology assists teachers in establishing connections between theoretical studies and live projects.
    Mastering adds significant value and quality control to a musical
    artists releases. Make sure that they only install the best patio
    doors and windows available in the market so that you
    will not have to replace them again and spend more money.
    Cube wall shelves are another simple and helpful idea for storing some
    types of craft materials, such as paper, felt, tape, paint, and similar
    items. Currently, American might like to think that the menace of racial discrimination in their country is a long forgotten issue but the
    reality of the matter is racial discrimination in American cities is deeply rooted.
    Parks such as Bear Creek and Washington Parks have green spaces for sports teams, and the adjacent Rocky Mountains offer
    hiking, biking, and other outdoor opportunities.
    Water Country USA- the Mid-Atlantic’s largest water park which should not be missed this summer.

My page: thriftee storage company los angeles

51. liquid hcg on 21 Sep 2014 at 2:31 am #

You will come across hundreds of results ones you will do the research.
    The reason why hcg is produced during pregnancy is to keep the fetus and the pregnant woman nourished
    early on when the mother to be may not realize she is with child and extra nutrition is required by the growing baby.
    7: House Foods Tofu Shirataki nutritional facts:
    It contains 10 percent calcium, 2 percent vitamin C, 2 percent iron, 1 gram protein, 15 mg
    sodium and only a half a gram of fat per serving.

Also visit my webpage – liquid hcg

52. Bcbg bandage Dress sale on 22 Sep 2014 at 9:31 pm #

Fashion trends tend to change with likes and dislikes of fashion setters and followers.

The fashion of handbags is a popular one amongst the ladies and has
    of recent skyrocketed high. This fashion classic is a good excuse
    to go designer because it.

My blog post :: Bcbg bandage Dress sale

53. lily boutique lace dresses on 23 Sep 2014 at 7:36 am #

Fashion trends tend to change with likes and dislikes
    of fashion setters and followers. After washing the clip-in extensions, simply air dry them and store in a safe place.
    Moody Blues, with another location in Chandler, is a relatively
    new addition to Scottsdale Waterfront.

Feel free to surf to my webpage; lily boutique lace dresses

54. Weight Loss With Hcg In Charlotte Nc on 24 Sep 2014 at 9:44 pm #

The researches had made it possible to identify the entire benefits from the moringa oleifera, the wouldn’t be wrong to say this tree as heavens tree which is enriched with the potential of curing countless diseases and additionally without any side affects though the medication of any diseases carry some side affects to cure that particular problem but that’s the quality of moringa that its pure natural product but the problem is awareness but know gradually people are considering it as a extreme bounty of nature and its usage had arisen, in the current era people are subject to face very dreadful diseases which can even not be identified like only it became apparent that person is infected with the cancer but what type is sometimes becomes an issue and it becomes the cause of death, the diabetes is one of the leading problems which many people had been victimized and uses different medicines and still the level of blood sugar stay not in control and its medication is also cost money but the side effects of medications are vital it usually attach stomach and liver and the patient following diabetics medication needs to intake other for stomach or liver which is like a heck of medicines intake and therefore the person also finds everything fade or lifeless and felt that life is just trouble but don’t make yourself dishearten or demoralized because the solution is moringa the wonder of nature, its splendid product nature its not simply a medicine for the cure but it’s a energy booster rather using food supplements which are produced by chemicals the preference to moringa oleifera should be given which is sort of super charger to human body despite of age factors how great is that its usage could even help to heal the poisoning of snake as well, its proved that this very tree leafs carry antioxidants which helps to give strength to the immune system and thus strong immune systems functionality could help to capitalize the healthy and active life, it also helps the patient which are infected of HIV so this tree is not less than a miracle.

This test is sensitive enough to know the result even four day
    prior to period. Using his research Simeons began a strict diet regimen coupled with injections
    of the HCG hormone.

Have a look at my page Weight Loss With Hcg In Charlotte Nc

55. white bandage dresses for sale on 30 Sep 2014 at 11:59 am #

Blue denim with a white shirt, irrespective of which era he or she belongs to,
    can add a huge plus to ones fashion quotient.
    Firstly, you have access to millions of online stores worldwide
    at the click of a button. There is a separate section for skin and body and of course, the photo galleries.

my web blog white bandage dresses for sale