Short and Sweet: Trudie’s Eatmore Cookies

Eatmore cookies Short and Sweet: Trudies Eatmore Cookies

Happy Boxing Day! I trust you’ve all had chocolate for breakfast this morning. W has already eaten half a Santa before I managed to get out of bed.

Remember last week, when Trudie told us all about her “Eatmore Cookies” (or, as I read it, eat more cookies), and we all got excited about the idea? I totally made them! Easiest. Cookies. Ever.

eatmore cookies 1 Short and Sweet: Trudies Eatmore Cookies

Here are Trudie’s instructions – it’s all you need: cut Eatmore chocolate bars into 6 pieces, place on parchment paper-lined cookie sheets, and bake in a 325 degree oven for 10-12 minutes. They spread and become crispy like Florentines. AND THEY DO!

eatmore cookies 2 Short and Sweet: Trudies Eatmore Cookies

Let them cool, then just peel them off the parchment or silicone mat.

eatmore cookies 3 Short and Sweet: Trudies Eatmore Cookies

Another great thing about these – you eat one and it seems like you’ve had a treat, and yet you’ve only eaten a sixth – like a bite – of an Eatmore bar.

pixel Short and Sweet: Trudies Eatmore Cookies
button print gry20 Short and Sweet: Trudies Eatmore Cookies

December 26 2012 09:42 am | cookies & squares

6 Responses to “Short and Sweet: Trudie’s Eatmore Cookies”

1. kathy on 26 Dec 2012 at 10:04 am #

if you squirt some sirrache (i’m to lazy to go downstairs and check the spelling of the stuff that’s on the fridge door…but you know the stuff I mean) into a small container then brush some on each chunk before baking….just a little bit though. Makes for a great niblet …choco and hot sauce yummmmm

2. Lauren O. on 26 Dec 2012 at 9:39 pm #

I just made some of these to take to a family gathering tomorrow. You’re definitely right: easiest cookies ever!

3. Trudie lazaruk on 27 Dec 2012 at 10:57 am #

Imagine my amazement when I checked “Dinner with Julie” and saw my name in the “headline”!! i don’t want to take credit for inventing these – I got the “recipe” from my friend Margaret, and she can’t remember where she got it from. Yes, it’s true, this recipe hardly qualifies as baking, but that is a large part of its appeal, at least for me! A word of warning, however – EatMore chocolate bars are not available in the USA – at least not in California, where I tried to buy them a couple of years ago. Maybe someone should look into that!!

4. Joanne G. on 29 Dec 2012 at 7:43 am #

At 40 calories each, these are delicately DELISH!!!
    EatMore bars are only 69 cents at Dollarama (in Calgary).
    Our daughter lives in California and hasn’t seen them for sale.
    My oven must be hot as the “cookies” only took 6 minutes to bake.
    Thanks Margaret, Trudie and Julie!!!!

5. stacey snacks on 30 Dec 2012 at 11:30 am #

I had to read this post a dozen times before I realized that “EatMore” are candy bars! I kept looking for a recipe!!!
    Eatmore bars are made by Hershey’s, but not available to us in the U.S.
    Boo Hoo!

6. Sandra on 30 Dec 2012 at 6:55 pm #

I have a recipe for eatmore bars. It tastes just like the bar. sandrafraser@sasktel.net