Short and Sweet: Baked Brie with Maple-Pecan Praline

Brie with pecans Short and Sweet: Baked Brie with Maple Pecan Praline

Now here’s a good way to ring out 2012; gooey cheese topped with maple pecans and caramel. In this photo I used La Rougette – a buttery triple crème cheese enveloped in a rind that is both washed and bloomy – but brie is more familiar, and really – anything that will go gooey with heat will do.

Brie with pecans 2 Short and Sweet: Baked Brie with Maple Pecan Praline

If I was a dog, I’d roll in this.

Baked Brie with Maple-Pecan Praline

1/3 cup pecan halves
1 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
3 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
small wheel or wedge of brie or La Rougette

Preheat the oven to 350F. In a small skillet, toast pecan halves in butter over medium heat until fragrant; add brown sugar and maple syrup and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring, for a minute, then remove from the heat.

Meanwhile, place a small wheel or wedge of brie or La Rougette on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 5-8 minutes, or until soft. Carefully transfer to a serving plate and cover with pecan praline. Serve warm, with a baguette. Serves 8.

pixel Short and Sweet: Baked Brie with Maple Pecan Praline
button print gry20 Short and Sweet: Baked Brie with Maple Pecan Praline

December 30 2012 11:11 am | appetizers and cheese

5 Responses to “Short and Sweet: Baked Brie with Maple-Pecan Praline”

1. Ellyn Romano on 30 Dec 2012 at 2:11 pm #

Hi Julie. I just wanted to let you know howmuch I enjoy your posts on my facebook page – don’ know how I found you as I live in the Hudson Valley of New York State- Staatsburg NY- I have one question to ask you- a whole ago you posted an excellant idea for the leftover store bought barbeque – it was Mexican – I cannot seem to fond it in all my searches-if you would be so kind as to tell ne where to look- Wishing you and your family a Happy New Year- My best – Ellyn Romano

2. supersu on 30 Dec 2012 at 3:56 pm #

serves 8???
    that must be a typo!
    if it is me and my sister allimc it would serve 2!

thanks for another year of great posts

love each and every one!

cheers
    su :)

3. bellini on 31 Dec 2012 at 3:03 am #

I hope that 2013 is rich in experiences, filled with love and happiness and great food just like this Julie. Have a safe and happy New Year. Smile often and those around you will too.

4. Laurie from Burnaby on 02 Jan 2013 at 1:08 pm #

you could also place the brie in a baking dish, or wrap it in pastry (yum!)
    There’s no way it serves 8 at our house!
    :D

5. the other Al on 04 Jan 2013 at 5:53 pm #

I’d roll in it too! you crack me up
    Axo