Bacon Caramel Apples

bacon caramel apple 3 Bacon Caramel Apples

It’s tough not to subsist on midway food during Stampede week – which isn’t to say I’ve been gorging on the stuff, just that you tend to absorb bites of this and that when you’re on the grounds and at events trying to be patriotic, as it were. I was introduced to the fudge apple this week – a tart green apple dipped in fudge instead of candy or caramel – and it occurred to me that I may not have shared this particular baconized item with you yet, and I’d better get it in while everyone is still enamoured with over-the-top food on a stick.

bacon caramel apple text 1 Bacon Caramel Apples

If there’s a party in your future, these are a total hit – with grown-ups even more so than kids. (You can always swap chopped salted peanuts or mini M&Ms or broken pretzels or sprinkles for the bacon.) The recipe can be easily doubled (or tripled) for a party – because really, what’s better for a summer party than food on a stick? No need for forks or plates or balancing of any kind – and there’s still room for a cocktail in the other hand.

Bacon Caramel Apples

If your caramel cools as you’re dipping the apples, gently rewarm it, adding a little more water if needed.

6 small apples
3-4 slices bacon
1 bag (11 oz.) caramels, unwrapped
3 Tbsp. water

Wash and dry the apples well, and insert a wood or paper stick into the stem end of each.

Chop the bacon and cook it until crisp; remove with a slotted spoon to drain on paper towels, then crumble or roughly chop. Reserve 1 Tbsp. of the drippings and pour it into a small saucepan with the caramels and cream or water. Cook over medium-low heat until completely melted and smooth.

Dip the apples into the caramel, turning to coat completely, then allow excess caramel to drip off and set on a parchment-lined sheet. Sprinkle with bacon while the caramel is still soft, then let set. Makes 6 caramel apples.

pixel Bacon Caramel Apples
button print gry20 Bacon Caramel Apples

July 10 2013 11:08 am | sweet stuff

7 Responses to “Bacon Caramel Apples”

1. Sue (London, ON) on 10 Jul 2013 at 12:23 pm #

OH MY! I wasn’t expecting that recipe to be easy. They would be fun to make and fun to serve… oh and I imagine they’re fun to eat as well!!

2. Nikki on 10 Jul 2013 at 10:34 pm #

Wow. I hope to see these at the county fair this fall. Talk about crunch and munch!

3. ramadan 2013 calendar on 27 Jul 2013 at 8:05 am #

Great website you have here but I was wanting to know if you knew of
    any forums that cover the same topics talked about
    in this article? I’d really like to be a part of community where I can get feedback from other experienced people that share the same interest. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Thank you!

4. A Dose of Fall Comfort Food: Butternut Squash + Apple Soup plus 5 Must Try Fall Desserts | cups + spoonfuls on 11 Sep 2013 at 11:45 am #

[…] Caramel apples are a must eat in the fall but what about adding bacon to them? Check out the recipe here. […]

5. michael kors handbags outlet on 30 Mar 2014 at 4:06 am #

I’ve been surfing online more than 3 hours today, yet I never
    found any interesting article like yours. It is
    pretty worth enough for me. In my view, if all site owners and bloggers made good
    content as you did, the internet will be much more useful than evera before.

michael kors handbags outlet

6. doublebayou.harc.edu on 01 May 2014 at 8:56 pm #

He or she takes the time to have to know about your medical and dental history, including asking about any past bad experiences.
    So a cosmetic dentist may help you attain that splendid smile that you simply had always desired to produce
    an impression among friends and family and loved
    ones. Applying fluoride fortifies your teeth to help
    you keep it from breaking very easily or acquiring tooth
    decay from bacteria.

There is no point in having software to assist you in your writing if it is too difficult to
    make use of. Or you could possibly ‘d like to blog on cat training since you love cats that much.
    more info believe (doublebayou.harc.edu) When you’re posting a letter
    to cope with letters requesting specific details and documents,
    with your letter simply respond inside order they are listed.
    If there are no writers, the newspaper would not be in existence.

7. Vigrx plus qatar on 30 May 2014 at 8:33 pm #

Thanks for finally talking about > Bacon Caramel Apples – Dinner With
    Julie Dinner With Julie Bacon Caramel Apples ? Dinner With Julie < Liked it!